Dr. Udewitz engages in a collaborative effort with clients to set goals that will help them live happier, more successful lives. Goals may include reducing unwanted and unhelpful thoughts and behaviors and augmenting those behaviors that will help clients perform to their fullest potential.
Group Therapy is also offered to conquer public speaking phobia and social anxiety. Individually designed treatment approaches help clients improve relationships and achieve success in areas most important to them.
- Effective Tools for Anxiety Reduction: Behavior Therapy of New York provides psychological tools to treat anxiety by combining cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and biofeedback approaches.
- Effective Tools for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Generalized Anxiety Disorder (often called GAD) is characterized by excessive worry and anxiety that is difficult to control.
- Conquering Panic Attacks: Behavior Therapy of New York provides psychological tools to treat Panic attacks and Panic Disorder by combining cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) and biofeedback approaches.
- Solutions for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is characterized by either obsessive thoughts and/or unwanted repetitive behaviors.
- Conquer your Phobias with Cognitive Behavioral Strategies: Phobias are treated by teaching individuals effective cognitive and coping tools that help them challenge their fear and avoidance.
- Social Phobia: Social phobias involve a persistent fear of social or performance situations.
- Tools for Better Sleep: Behavior Therapy of New York clients learn to improve sleep behaviors making better sleep more possible
- Psychophysiological Ailments and Pain Management: The medical community now accepts that physical ailments like headache and back pain have a strong psychological component.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (often referred to as PTSD) can occur when individuals experience a traumatic event that threatened death or serious injury to themselves or others.
- Depression: Depression is an illness that involves the body, mood, and thoughts. It affects the way a person eats and sleeps, the way one feels about oneself, and the way one thinks about situations.
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder: ADHD affects adults, limiting the capacity to sustain focus in often highly creative and energetic individuals.
- Anger Issues: Some people have difficulties controlling their anger and coping with negative emotions.
- Repetitive Behaviors: Many individuals seek treatment for repetitive habits they feel compelled to enact that have become problematic in their daily lives.
- Sexual Problems: Sexual problems are very common at some point in an adult’s life. These difficulties often have a psychological basis when medical problems are not found.
- Eating Disorders: Research has shown that Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is one of the most effective ways to treat eating disorders, and is a critical element at all levels of care.
- Addictive Behaviors: Addictive Behaviors generally stem from a combination of genetic and environmental factors. If left untreated, addictions can take a devastating toll on emotional and physical health.