Treatment Approaches for Adults
Located in midtown Manhattan near Grand Central Station, Behavior Therapy of New York provides psychological tools to improve the lives of adults and children by combining cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) and biofeedback approaches.
Scientific research has proven these techniques effective and often as powerful as psychiatric medication.
- Mindfulness: Mindfulness has become an important tool in our work with clients.
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy: Cognitive Therapy involves a collaborative effort between psychologist and client to examine and understand negative thought patterns that are related to the emotional and behavioral disturbance.
- Biofeedback: Biofeedback is a treatment technique in which people are trained to improve their mental and physical health by using signals from their own bodies activity.
- Exposure Therapy: Exposure Therapy is based on the fact that anxiety usually goes down after long enough contact with something feared.
- Stress Management & Relaxation Training: Relaxation Training teaches individuals to reduce stress, lower blood pressure, alleviate physical pain, and eliminate anxiety and worry through methods like progressive muscle relaxation, body scanning, and self-hypnosis.
- Virtual Reality Therapy: Virtual reality is a new and exciting area of treatment in mental health.
- Group Therapy: Group Therapy is offered for the treatment of social anxiety and public speaking phobia.