Effective Tools for Anxiety Reduction
Anxiety can affect every facet of our lives making our world feel smaller and smaller. Many of our clients who otherwise perform at extremely high levels are held back back by lingering anxiety that pervades their minds.
We give clients the tools to reduce their anxiety helping them reduce indecision and better navigate their day. Anxiety can also come with physical symptoms that become an additional obstacle. Intestinal distress, headaches, muscle tension and chest discomfort are just some of the physical symptoms of anxiety that we help our clients regulate and reduce to help them feel more free.
Located in midtown Manhattan next to Grand Central Station, Behavior Therapy of New York provides psychological tools to treat anxiety by combining cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and biofeedback approaches.
Read on to see the characteristics of Anxiety and learn about our treatment. Please contact us if you have any more questions.
- Anxiety is a natural state that all humans experience.
- The experience of anxiety often acts as a protective device helping us avoid situations that may be dangerous to our well-being.
- An anxiety disorder might be present when a person frequently experiences anxiety without the presence of an imminent threat.
- Anxiety can manifest as obsessive worry thoughts and/or in physically uncomfortable symptoms (i.e. upset stomach, headaches, muscle tension)
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy teaches clients to reduce fear and anxiety by changing their perceptions of situations and altering behaviors that produce stress.
- Biofeedback and mindfullness techniques teach clients to recognize and regulate the physical manifestations of their anxiety and quiet their racing mind..